Monday, June 28, 2010

Whiskey Cobbler

As a kid during on a hot day summer, I craved a snow cone to help cool me off and my ears would delight in hearing the musical sounds from the nearby ice cream man on his way to my block knowing that I would soon be satisfied. As an adult, I love shaved ice drinks one such is Whiskey Cobbler that contains fresh fruit that I can sit on my patio and sip and enjoy as I watch the sun set. It's an easy drink and I recommend it for your fourth of July celebrations. 

Whiskey Cobbler

2 fresh pineapple wedges, one with skin and one without
2 orange slices
2 lemon wedges 
3/4 oz orange curacao
2 oz top shelf whiskey

In the bottom of a bar glass, muddle the skinless pineapple wedge, 1 piece of orange, and 1 piece of lemon with the orange curacao and o1 once of water.  Add the whiskey and ice and shake well. Strain into an double old-fashioned glass filled with crushed or shaved ice. Garnish with the remaining pineapple wedge an orange wedge and a lemon wedge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment