Monday, April 19, 2010

Jack-in-the Box Cocktail

This is John Apodaca with Daddy-O's Martinis. When I was growing up, as a treat, once a week my dad and mom would treat my brothers and sister to various fast food restaurants, one of those places was Jack-in-the box. Don't be alarmed, they didn't serve cocktails only burgers, fries and shakes but I did get a kick out of the clown face where one orders food. 


Decades earlier, there was a cocktail called by the same name that I found in Old Mr. Bostons Official Bartenders Guide from 1935. It consists of Applejack, pineapple juice, and orange bitters and tastes as good as it sounds. Be sure to use fresh squeezed pineapple juice as opposed to canned. This is a great Spring and Summer cocktail, try it and let me know what you think.


Jack-in-the Box Cocktail


1 1/2 oz Applejack
1 1/2 oz Fresh squeezed pineapple juice
Dash of orange bitters


Shake very hard with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

1 comment:

  1. An oldie but goodie. Simple and tasty the way a cocktail should be!

    ReplyDelete